Trust And Experience Matter

Are You Seeking To Modify Your Divorce Agreement?

Months and years after a divorce agreement has become final, it may still be necessary to modify the terms of the divorce agreement. If you are experiencing a change in your family or finances, you may want to explore the possibility of revising the terms of your divorce. At Geary & Geary, LLP, we can work to obtain the appropriate modifications for your new situation in a timely and cost-efficient manner.

Let Our Experience Work For You And Your Family

At Geary & Geary, LLP, in downtown Lowell, our knowledgeable attorneys have helped clients modify divorce agreements for more than five decades. We have the skills and knowledge needed to persuade a court that a modification is necessary to reflect a change in our clients’ situation. We can also help prevent modifications from being made if your ex-spouse is attempting to obtain an unwarranted modification.

Call us at 978-319-4194 to set up an initial consultation. You can also contact our family law/divorce attorneys online, and we will respond to you within 24 hours.

When Should I Make A Change?

Changes in your life such as illness, loss of a job or other economic factors make it necessary to request that court modifies your agreement or court order. Some post-divorce modifications are fairly routine, such as an increase or decrease to child support because of a change in one parent’s salary. Other modifications, such as when one parent wishes to move with the children, can be emotionally charged, highly contested battles.

We can help with a variety of revisions to your divorce agreement, which include, but are not limited to:

  • Child support modifications
  • Spousal support (alimony) modifications
  • Other financial disputes
  • Child visitation revisions
  • Child custody changes

The lawyers of Geary & Geary, LLP, have handled a wide range of post-divorce matters for clients throughout Massachusetts. From routine modifications to very unique requests, our attorneys can evaluate any situation and give you a realistic idea of what to expect.

Understanding Contempt Actions

Our legal team is ready to advise and represent you in pursuing a contempt action if your former partner fails to meet his or her court-ordered obligations. Call Geary & Geary, LLP, if you feel that your former partner is not in full compliance with court orders.

Have You Been Served With A Contempt Summons?

Call us immediately if you have been served with a contempt summons. These matters are time-sensitive. We will work with you to determine if you should file a modification in the event that you are unable to comply with court orders due to a change in your employment, an illness or other factors that have made compliance impossible for you.

Domestic Violence

If you are the victim of domestic violence, we can help get you the services and support you need to protect yourself and your children. Call 911 if you are in immediate danger. You are entitled to a life free from abuse and violence. Let us help direct you to the help and support you need.

If you are the victim of false allegations of domestic abuse, please know that you need to take steps to protect yourself and your loved ones from these types of serious allegations. Call Geary & Geary, LLP, for a consultation.

Contact Our Divorce Modification Lawyers

If you have questions regarding making changes — or opposing proposed changes — to your divorce agreement, contact our team of experienced attorneys. Call 978-319-4194 or complete the online form below to schedule a consultation with us.